NT / Just To Be Clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / Just To Be Clear

Client just in here took great pains to explain why she had two statements for charitable contributions, like that is a big red flag or something. Seems her church changed its name mid-stream.

Reminded me of a story.

A man was stranded on an island for many years before he was rescued. After the celebration of his being found, he was showing his rescuers around the island. They came upon three huts. The man said, "That first hut is where I live. That second hut is where I go to church. And, that third hut is where I used to go to church."
    Last edited by RitaB; 03-28-2012, 04:27 PM.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

I like it - he must have been a Baptist.
    I'm going to tell this one at church this Sunday.
    Then next Sunday I think I'll go tell it at my former church.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Love it!

I think he was a Methodist!
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Overheard at church tonight

Yes, I actually heard this tonight at choir practice out of two married folks:

Greg: Honey, I think when I go, I want you to cremate me.

Charlene: Pppfffttt - that ain't gonna happen. If you don't start actin right, you're gonna burn alright, but I ain't gonna be the one to start it.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X