NT / It Was A Great Day When I Figured Out / Add Yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / It Was A Great Day When I Figured Out / Add Yours

1) I only need to explain itemized deductions three years running. Then I just take your papers and act like we're good.

2) When I leave you a message on your cell phone, the next call I get is you asking me what I said cause you are too lazy / don't know how to listen to messages. So, I just don't answer.

3) Hey, you can't even itemize, so yeah, I'd say that bag of clothes from 1972 was worth $2,000.

4) "My attorney said" carries exactly the same weight as "my hairdresser said".
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

5) That I run my business and set my work schedule, not my clients
    (or their banker, financial advisor, spouse, fill in the blank here_______)
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

JohnH, I got your #6:

Extensions are like a bubble bath . . . relieves the stress.

Comment

A-h-h-h-h-h-h
        How relaxing....
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Another Great Day

7) Discovering that my daughter can put $10 "light natural brown" on my hair. And, she doesn't yak, yak, yak and leave it on too long, making me look like Elvira. Well, from the neck up.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
            7) Discovering that my daughter can put $10 "light natural brown" on my hair.
            She givin' ya any tax tips?? (or more alarming, just where the heck will you pick up your CE's now??)

Comment

It Was a Great Day.....

8) when I figured out that the company statement, the 1099-R, the check stub, the bank account deposit, and the 5498 which were not staped together (or even in the same place), were all referencing the same, one individual IRA withdrawal that goes on your tax return.

Comment

Omg

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                8) when I figured out that the company statement, the 1099-R, the check stub, the bank account deposit, and the 5498 which were not staped together (or even in the same place), were all referencing the same, one individual IRA withdrawal that goes on your tax return.
                Yes, that was the best day ever. Hands down.

Comment

Well

Originally posted by BP. View Post
                  She givin' ya any tax tips?? (or more alarming, just where the heck will you pick up your CE's now??)
                  I will still have to go in to get it cut, so I'll pick up more education than I need then.

My daughter actually is content to keep her trap shut about taxes. I give her food "under the table", and that's part of our understanding.

Comment

It was a Great Day..... (today)

9) when I figured out to charge you an extra $25 for the 31 pages of Merrill Lynch 1099's you had them fax me because you hadn't been able to get yours to me for the last month. And I had to use a magnifying glass to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                      This one is side-splitting! I handed over a file today with four such IRA distributions and all the assorted documentaria, just as you described!

Comment

I guess they want to make sure we don't miss it.

Comment

Working...
                        X