Amended Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Root of it All

...could very well be the mentality that says, "Let's do the easy ones online, or use TurboTax, or let the kids save money by doing EZs, etc."

"My kid doesn't need to pay a tax preparer. He did his online and got his $150 back pronto without having to use a preparer."

Idiots. Snotty-nose kid also has $4000 on a 1098-T where Daddy sent him to college, and he's messed this up for them too. One thing all stupidity seems to have in common: they think they are soooooo... smart.

Comment

Absolutely agree with you, Snaggletooth. I get a handful of these each year where the know-it-all college student, or his butt-in-sky girlfriend files online the first week of filing season, gets the same little refund they'd get even if they didn't claim their own exemption, and then holds up the refund for mom & dad. "But my kid says they did the exact same thing last year," said one mom this year. "No, they did not," I reply. Oh well, it's all good, 'cause we get to charge for whatever needs amending.

Comment

Working...
      X