Commuting Expende

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commuting Expende

Client Worked In Massachusetts For 15 Years. Commute Was 8 Miles. In 2010, He Was Permanently Re-assigned, Same Parent Company, To Work In Rhode Island, Which Is 75 Miles Each Way. His Peers Say That If His Commute Is Greater That 40 Miles, He Can Deduct Mileage. I Never Heard Of That Rule ? Am I Missing Something ? Thanks, Think Summer, As Spring Is Already Here In Massachusetts.

Originally posted by mrbill View Post
    Client Worked In Massachusetts For 15 Years. Commute Was 8 Miles. In 2010, He Was Permanently Re-assigned, Same Parent Company, To Work In Rhode Island, Which Is 75 Miles Each Way. His Peers Say That If His Commute Is Greater That 40 Miles, He Can Deduct Mileage. I Never Heard Of That Rule ? Am I Missing Something ? Thanks, Think Summer, As Spring Is Already Here In Massachusetts.
    You're not missing a thing. Advise him to let his peers prepare his tax return. (grin
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Explain the difference between temporary work sites and permanent work sites. His commute is not deductible.
      Last edited by ToledoEd; 03-23-2012, 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill View Post
        His Peers Say That If His Commute Is Greater That 40 Miles, He Can Deduct Mileage. I Never Heard Of That Rule ? Am I Missing Something ?
        Ask him to have his peers show him that in writing from the IRS. Where is the world do they get this stuff?

PS: Is there something on your keyboard that auto-capitalizes every word? Or do you do that manually? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
        X