• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Depletion Allowance?

Where do I enter on my return?

Schedule R

Comment

Human Depletion Allowance

Human Depletion Allowance is a 30% reduction in your total tax. If you qualify, deduct it as a credit on Line 55. (Note that it is not possible to qualify since it is purely fictional.)

Comment

Also note that all states may not recognize the special allowance from Tax Preparer Rest Relief Act of 2002. Therefore you must add back the 30% reduction in tax on line 1056 of page 33 on the states that do not qualify.

Comment

Excellent point. I hadn't thought it completely through.

Comment

Remember

Women only get a partial credit since they are only 3/4 of a person.

(Just kidding ladies!!)
            I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Extra credit

Actually, Matt, women should get extra if not double the credit. They not only work, but take care of children and the house.

Working mothers ( and grandmothers) should NEVER have to pay taxes.

Linda F

Comment

Chuckle

Great response to my extreme pigginess. Thanks for the laugh!
                I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

AND going back in time when humans were created: Adam is missing a rip, Eve is complete, so lets say Adam is 90% of a person?

Comment

True, but

Didn't God create Eve out of Adam's rib and a whole bunch of dirt? So Eve would be worth one rib and some dirt.

Comment

Cost of dirt

Have you priced real estate lately? Dirt is pretty expensive.

Linda F

Comment

That's prime real estate baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sova
                          Didn't God create Eve out of Adam's rib and a whole bunch of dirt? So Eve would be worth one rib and some dirt.
                          Wait a minute...

By your logic, what do you think Adam was made of...you are right: dirt only, now what?

And the price of dirt when Adam was made was cheaper then the price of dirt use for Eve, you know, increasing prices, even back then.

Comment

Working...
                          X