Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You go, Sista

Originally posted by BP. View Post
    Busy boxes and multiple info categories reported down the columns . . . whatever. All this talk has prodded me into photocopies of 8 pp. of EJ 1099-B with colored highlighters & a ruler. The sales are not chronological and I need to segregate pre- & post-death sales.

Getting crackers to go with the cheese.
    It ain't easy being cheesy. And, Ed Jones is not even his real name, what I heard.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I may have a big problem. A client has ~60 pages of short-term sales from a brokerage company. The 1099-B identifies which sales are covered vs. non-covered but it does NOT break them out into separate schedules. I called the broker and he said they can not produce a printed report that breaks them out. I'm trying to see if it will be possible to export and import. Even then I will have to go through every transaction and identify whether it is covered or not covered.

Any thoughts about how to deal with this if it is not possible to export/import?

How would the IRS know the totals for the two categories if there is no totals on the 1099-B?

Comment

Working...
      X