Form 8453 / Batch and Serial Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 8453 / Batch and Serial Number?

I need to mail two Forms 8453 today. I know to print them AFTER E-file accepted, because the DCN/Submission ID is indeed different than the day I printed the return. Additionally, under the Submission ID #, there are four boxes here, and the two middle boxes are empty. Directions for the form say to enter the EFIN, (check), and the five digit Batch and Serial Number.

Well, the Batch and Serial Number are supposed to be five digits ending in "2", according to the aforementioned instructions. Where might they be? The five digits following the EFIN in the submission ID on the one in front of me do NOT end in "2".

I am tempted to assume that the DCN/Submission ID printed by the software is all that is needed, and the empty boxes are just there to push me over the edge.

It's the little foxes that spoil the vine.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Any software worth it's salt will print the DCN on the 8453 for you.

That last "2" is what's called a check digit I think. So just go with the flow and trust your
    software.

DCN = declaration control number, or what you call a serial number. ?

And I'd sure shoot those foxes invading my wine cellar. I like the good stuff too much.

Just reminded of a fellow who went fishing down on the Chattahoochee river and took along his shotgun in case he saw any moccasins. Well, he wasn't paying much attention, concentrating on a big catfish and the boat had drifted a bit close to the bank. Up on a branch overhanging the river was this moccasin which suddenly dropped down into his boat.

He was startled to say the least, but had presence of mind to grab his shotgun and aiming at that sucker writing on the bottom of his boat, blasted it to kingdom come.
    He smiled, then saw the water in the bottom of boat and said "UH OH>"
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

All for shooting a shoe?

Comment

Sounds like a Bill Dance episode to me:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by JohnH; 03-19-2012, 11:14 AM.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
          I need to mail two Forms 8453 today. I know to print them AFTER E-file accepted, because the DCN/Submission ID is indeed different than the day I printed the return. Additionally, under the Submission ID #, there are four boxes here, and the two middle boxes are empty. Directions for the form say to enter the EFIN, (check), and the five digit Batch and Serial Number.

Well, the Batch and Serial Number are supposed to be five digits ending in "2", according to the aforementioned instructions. Where might they be? The five digits following the EFIN in the submission ID on the one in front of me do NOT end in "2".

I am tempted to assume that the DCN/Submission ID printed by the software is all that is needed, and the empty boxes are just there to push me over the edge.
          It's the little foxes that spoil the vine.
          You are using ATX software I think. And you are right, the Submission ID is printed along the top of the form and not in the little boxes. This thing about the DCN changing has been driving me crazy on the 8879's. How are you handling those? The 8453 does not require a signature, but the 8879's do.

Comment

Closing my eyes

Originally posted by Burke View Post
            You are using ATX software I think. And you are right, the Submission ID is printed along the top of the form and not in the little boxes. This thing about the DCN changing has been driving me crazy on the 8879's. How are you handling those? The 8453 does not require a signature, but the 8879's do.
            I am hoping like heck that noboby ever checks. And, it bugs the crap out of me. It also drives me crazy that I have to re-create an e-file when all I did was get up, grab a snack (or five), and sit back down.

Comment

Sonny Jim Indeed

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
              Sounds like a Bill Dance episode to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_UnV3RbCtg

Hahahahaha! Love it when he says, "You better git outa my boat!"

Yeah, we know you just peed your pants.

Comment

Hahahahaha! Love it when he says, "You better git outa my boat!"

Yeah, we know you just peed your pants.
                you mean some comedian is using that story recently? Really now. I first heard this story here in Columbus, GA back around 1959.
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I am hoping like heck that noboby ever checks. And, it bugs the crap out of me. It also drives me crazy that I have to re-create an e-file when all I did was get up, grab a snack (or five), and sit back down.
                  EGGSACKLY!!! Can't figure out what I am doing to cause this either. If you open up a return after creating the efile on a different day, be sure to say "DO NOT SAVE CHANGES." (I think it is the date.)

Comment

Working...
                  X