Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AL 40x

Good morning.

Can someone tell me how to get an AL 40X for tax years after 2007 or 08. I have to do an amended for 2010 and am unable to get a current 40X.

I have googled and visted the DOR site with no luck. Interestingly, there isn't one in my software this year. Is the form being redesigned? Georgia's has been for 2011 only and it is really different. I digress.

Any helpful suggestions?

Thanks.

Peachie

Originally posted by Peachie View Post
    Good morning.

Can someone tell me how to get an AL 40X for tax years after 2007 or 08. I have to do an amended for 2010 and am unable to get a current 40X.

I have googled and visted the DOR site with no luck. Interestingly, there isn't one in my software this year. Is the form being redesigned? Georgia's has been for 2011 only and it is really different. I digress.

Any helpful suggestions?

Thanks.

Peachie
    Yes. email me to remind me tomorrow at the office. Probably can print one from software and email it back to you.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

My Hero!

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
      Yes. email me to remind me tomorrow at the office. Probably can print one from software and email it back to you.
      Thanks Harlan. Don't know why my software doesn't have it. It has it for the other years.

Peachie

Comment

Any helpful suggestions?
        Check the box on the 2010 Form 40 that says "Check box if amended return"?

Comment

Hi Gary,

I am confused.

I didn't do the original return. Are you saying all I need to do is check a box and walla-the amended is done? I know you are really tryng to help me but could you be more clear.

It will be easier for me to do the return by hand rather than enter the data and then do the amended. It's only itemized deductions I'm changing.

Have a great evening.

Peachie

Comment

I am confused.

I didn't do the original return. Are you saying all I need to do is check a box and walla-the amended is done? I know you are really tryng to help me but could you be more clear.

It will be easier for me to do the return by hand rather than enter the data and then do the amended. It's only itemized deductions I'm changing.
            Have you read the original form? Or the instructions for the year in question, where it discusses amending the return? I don't think I can make it clearer than the existing instructions.

The reason you can't find the AL 40X for 2008 or later is that 2007 is the last year they used that form for amendments. Starting in 2008, amendments are done on the AL 40.

Comment

Walla?

walla-the amended is done?
              Walla?? How about a drum roll?

Peachie, you are entitled to keep your location secret but I go all over
              Georgia - can you tell me what town? I don't think the phone book will
              have a "peachie" anyway...although if you are close to Macon, you
              probably grow peaches galore...

Comment

Thank you.

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
                Have you read the original form? Or the instructions for the year in question, where it discusses amending the return? I don't think I can make it clearer than the existing instructions.

The reason you can't find the AL 40X for 2008 or later is that 2007 is the last year they used that form for amendments. Starting in 2008, amendments are done on the AL 40.
                I have not read anything relating to AL. As I stated earlier, I didn't do the original return and wanted to start by getting a 40X. You are correct, it's clear as a bell. I appreciate your instructions.

Peachie

Comment

Working...
                X