Dear Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Client

Yes, this is true. This explains a lot about the way I am. Happy Friday.

Dear Client,

Thanks a lot for cutting out the copies of canceled checks from your bank statements for your medical expenses and contributions to animal shelters. It is more fun for me to pick up these little 1 x 2 inch rectangles from under my desk where they fell out of your envelope, and add them up, than it would be if you simply gave me a total, you cat lady. Oh, and thanks also for making me realize that I need stronger reading glasses, and a chiropractic adjustment from hitting my back on the bottom of my desk.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Originally posted by RitaB View Post

Dear Client,

Thanks a lot for cutting out the copies of canceled checks from your bank statements for your medical expenses and contributions to animal shelters. It is more fun for me to pick up these little 1 x 2 inch rectangles from under my desk where they fell out of your envelope, and add them up, than it would be if you simply gave me a total, you cat lady. Oh, and thanks also for making me realize that I need stronger reading glasses, and a chiropractic adjustment from hitting my back on the bottom of my desk.
    I already prepared that return. Why did she send it to you?
    Doug

Comment

Same reason

Originally posted by dtlee View Post
      I already prepared that return. Why did she send it to you?
      Same reason she also sent the carbon copy of the full size check, too. Like a Valley Girl, she wanted to be "Fer shure, fer shure".
      Last edited by RitaB; 03-16-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

It is more fun for me to pick up these little 1 x 2 inch rectangles from under my desk
        Would sure save your back if they could just staple the cookie fortunes to other pieces of paper, then you can all but destroy them when taking them apart for property tax rebate forms and such.

Comment

Dear Client,

I created worksheets for my clients to complete and submit to me. They total up all their receipts and invoices. If they don't there is an additional fee for my time. My rule is don't include invoices receipts etc when you sumit your documents to me. Reduce them to the total for the year and put it on the worksheet provided.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I'm Happy

Originally posted by taxea View Post
            I created worksheets for my clients to complete and submit to me. They total up all their receipts and invoices. If they don't there is an additional fee for my time. My rule is don't include invoices receipts etc when you sumit your documents to me. Reduce them to the total for the year and put it on the worksheet provided.
            She is in her 90's, and happy to pay me more to hold her hand. About 2/3 of the fee is for bookkeeping. I am happy to help her, and my chiropractor loves us both.
            Last edited by RitaB; 03-16-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Hand holding

I do a lot of hand holding, too, but still love to hear the stories!! LOL

Rita, you crack me up!!
              "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

So, I am not alone

Originally posted by Possi View Post
                I do a lot of hand holding, too, but still love to hear the stories!! LOL

Rita, you crack me up!!
                Thank goodness someone understands, cause when I tell my non-accountant friends about my fortune cookie slash confetti clients they look at me like, "So, that's not how we should bring in our stuff?"

Comment

I know. For the 3rd year in a row, one of my out-of-states sends me all $9K worth of his individual charitable contributions receipts, and not one of the 11 documents for donations to Goodwill with all the info I need to complete 8283. Next year he gets the letter in ALL CAPS.

Comment

Ah, I've got one well trained. Large amount of charitable, I get the letters (some donations are over $4k apiece), a handwritten analysis, a spreadsheet for each of them from the wife in case I can't make heads or tails of husband's handwriting, and a note saying which letters are missing, and will be forthcoming.

Comment

Working...
                    X