Top Ten Tax Discussion boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Ten Tax Discussion boards

What are the top ten tax discussion boards on the web?

(1) Thetaxbook.com.........Excellent........ www.thetaxbook.com

(2) ATX Community..........Excellent...... www.atxers.com

(3) Fairmark.................Good......... www.fairmark.com...excellent for capital tax issues

Please add more. Numbering is subjective.

Top tax forums

None better than the NAEA board. Of course only EAs would benefit.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

I have participated in the ATX community board for years but it keeps growing and the messages scroll off the view so soon I have pretty much quit the board and only post occasionally now. Also, it has become an efile problem board for the most part.

Comment

I see a few familiar ppl at the Quickfinder board. Sure is a slow message board.

Comment

Drake forum

The Drake Forum is very good, but you have to be a Drake user to access it. There are several different sub-forums, so if a category is irrelevant to you, you can skip it. There is also an off-topic board which keeps some off-topic comments segregated, but often an on-topic discussion gets hijacked with some witticism or some evolution from topic A to topic B.

Comment

TaxAlmanac free online tax research resource and community for tax professionals - GREAT site for more difficult situations
            taxalmanac.org

Comment

The Unofficial ATX Community

The Unofficial ATX Community is much better than the forum provided by ATX, IMO. It has the distinct advantage of being completely autonomous. It is paid for by the participants, so a vendor can't shut it down or censor it if they happen not to like something being said by a member.

I've abandoned ATX and I'm now a committed Drake user, but I plan to stay active on that forum precisely because of its independence. Of course, after this tax season it may need an alteration to its name...

Last edited by JohnH; 03-02-2013, 10:04 AM.
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I also use the ATX Community (UNofficial). They now have a separate forum for software concerns, so non-users like me (ProSystem fx) can still discuss tax issues.

I love the New York/CT Association of Tax Professionals board. You need to be a member of NY/CT-ATP, but it's only about $50/year.

And, of course, TTB.

Sometimes I get over to the NAEA and NATP boards.

I've left QF for good, and don't frequent Tax Almanac unless someone points to a discussion over there.

Comment

For lots of laughs and lunacy there's always the craigslist tax forum.

Comment

Agree with taxmandan.

Absolutely nothing compares to the NAEA Webboard.

If you're an EA, you really need to check it out.
                    Last edited by smithtax; 03-08-2013, 01:11 PM.
                    EAnOK

Comment

This thread might hold the record for the longest period of dormancy between add-on posts. It was started on March 31, 2006, and received three replies that day. It then did a Rip Van Winkle and slept for nearly seven years until awakened with a new reply on March 2, 2013. I don't know how long this Board has been in existence, but I'm guessing it doesn't date back too much earlier than 2006.
                      Roland Slugg
                      "I do what I can."

Comment

Originally posted by Roland Slugg View Post
                        I don't know how long this Board has been in existence, but I'm guessing it doesn't date back too much earlier than 2006.
                        TTB message board began in May of 2005 by several QF editors who resigned from QF to start a competing company.

TheTaxBook is the #1 fast-answer tax publication in America. Our publications provide fast answers to tax questions for tax practitioners!

Comment

Working...
                        X