Per Diem Truck Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per Diem Truck Driver

Truck driver delivers mail 150 miles from his home. Over nite stay is provided. Next day he drives back home. The next the same procedure. I have always used 2106 for the per diem deduction that goes to schedule A. He thinks it should not be a schedule A deduction. Tax Book 8.2 says that is where it goes. His other drivers say they are deducting it from income. I know I am correct. Just want to get someone else to agree with me.

Originally posted by arlo View Post
    Truck driver delivers mail 150 miles from his home. Over nite stay is provided. Next day he drives back home. The next the same procedure. I have always used 2106 for the per diem deduction that goes to schedule A. He thinks it should not be a schedule A deduction. Tax Book 8.2 says that is where it goes. His other drivers say they are deducting it from income. I know I am correct. Just want to get someone else to agree with me.
    How is this driver paid? Not by the USPS I would guess.
    Is he an employee for another who is a subcontractor with USPS? If so, he must get a W2 end of year, therefore yo're right, schedule a, form 2106.

But is HE is the subcontrctor with USPS, then all goes on his own schedule c.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Per Diem Truck Driver

The driver get a W-2 from the subcontractor delivering the mail.

Comment

Working...
      X