Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People and Their Investments

I just want to wring some necks.

Gal brought in a 1099-R, with tax withheld, code 1. On the way out the door: "Oh, yeah, I opened another IRA with the difference. Do I need to tell you that?"

Another guy, whose return I did two weeks ago, just brought in a 1099-R where he withdrew about $8,000 from his 401(k). He's 30. He thought it was included in his W-2. His W-2 Box 1 was $7,500.

OK.

Just venting, I know what to do with these people. Yes, it is legal. Yes, I know these are easy problems for me. What I don't know is why people are opening retirement accounts if they know nothing about them.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Originally posted by RitaB View Post

Just venting, I know what to do with these people. Yes, it is legal. Yes, I know these are easy problems for me. What I don't know is why people are opening retirement accounts if they know nothing about them.
    Same with tuition paid to universities and scholarships received.

They have no clue as to what they paid, what scholarships were received, and what loans were taken out.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Betcha

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
      Same with tuition paid to universities and scholarships received.

They have no clue as to what they paid, what scholarships were received, and what loans were taken out.
      Yeah, and betcha they are settin the woods on fire academically, too.

Hey, I would tell a Chemistry joke here, but the good ones Argon.

Comment

Rita:
        Please, no chemistry jokes - I don't think I can Barium.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
          Rita:
          Please, no chemistry jokes - I don't think I can Barium.
          Wait for it --- K

Comment

Working...
          X