Pay Stubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay Stubs

Nornally employers are required to provide pay stubs to employees.
    Are Household Employers required to provide paystubs to their employees when they withhold Social Security and Medicare tax?

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
    Are Household Employers required to provide paystubs to their employees when they withhold Social Security and Medicare tax?
    Probably, stationary stores "used to" carry blank pay/withholding stubs. But it can be any paper with the date, gross and withholdings.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
      Maybe in Massachusetts but not in all states.

Only federal requirement is W2 end of year.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Since they aren't required to withhold they probably aren't required to issue pay stubs either.
        JG

Comment

I never heard of a rule/law that an employer has to issue pay stubs. Maybe some states? After all, I guess there is no rule/law that says an employer can't pay in cash, either. That does not mean he does not have to issue a W-2. And in fact, I am sure that is what one of my Household Employee taxpayers does. If the employer is withholding anything, it's stupid -- but not illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
            I never heard of a rule/law that an employer has to issue pay stubs. Maybe some states? After all, I guess there is no rule/law that says an employer can't pay in cash, either. That does not mean he does not have to issue a W-2. And in fact, I am sure that is what one of my Household Employee taxpayers does. If the employer is withholding anything, it's stupid -- but not illegal.
            My state requires withholding and FICA is a requirement as well if over limit. I am glad for this thread since I did not know that employers do not have to provide pay stubs.

Comment

Working...
            X