Energy Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Credit

If I remember correctly, if an appliance or equipment is qualified for the energy saving credit, it always come with a certificate. But it seems to me they do not issue certificate anymore. So suppose your client said they have been told by the vendor that their new windows are qualified for the credit, is there any easy way that we can verify?

EnergyStar.org

EnergyStar.org

Comment

Client just shot himself in the foot

Client assured me last week when he dropped off his stuff that his windows qualified. Vendor said blah, blah, blah, got all paperwork at home. Guess he decided I was taking too long to do his return, and brought in a label off one of the windows.

Just trying to be helpful slash hurry me along.

The map on the sticker highlights areas where the windows qualify. Guess what area is NOT highlighted?
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

For the prior years and I imagine it applys to this year also is that the INSTALLATION
        cost of windows does NOT qualify for the energy credit. Last year I had to require
        clients to go back to provide details on the COST of the windows NOT including
        the labor or installation costs.

Comment

Working...
        X