ammend??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ammend??

What would you do? I sent a return with the wrong middle initial, it has already been accepted, would you ammend this? Also, they haven't gotten their direct deposit yet, it wouldn't be turned away from the bank for that would it? I'm thinking, leave it be and be sure to get the right initial next year, what says greater minds?

Don't Worry

Before the latest IRS computer upgrades, their database matched the first four letters of the last name with the social security number. So, I wouldn't be worried about a middle initial. Change it now, so you have it correct for next year. Depending on your client, you might provide them with a corrected copy for their files, in case they're presenting it to a mortgage company or something. Now, someone around here might know if under current computer conditions this is a problem now...

Comment

As long as the return was accepted, I would not amend the return. The middle initial makes no difference on their tax situation. However, do as lion recommends and make sure you update your software for next year.
      Michael

Comment

Working...
      X