RTRP Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTRP Results

Great news. I have been reading that many of you have successfully passed the RTRP exam. I took my exam on Feb. 21, 2012 and got my results on March 3, 2012. I successfully passed it. I would recommend that you do not panic about taking the test. Go to IRS web site and they will tell you exactly what to study. Stick with the script and you will be victorious. For me, I was set back a little because the current questions relates are for tax year 2010, not tax year 2011. I have been paying my taxes on time, every time, so I should not have any problem with the compliance check (smile).

I have enjoyed being a member of The Tax Book chat box. I have submitted two questions, and each time, the answers that I received were quite helpful. In fact, the answers were all that was necessary to make me draw a conclusion. All of my co-workers should invest in the Tax Book...the book and message board are priceless.

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!

Originally posted by Thad View Post
      Great news. I have been reading that many of you have successfully passed the RTRP exam. I took my exam on Feb. 21, 2012 and got my results on March 3, 2012. I successfully passed it. I would recommend that you do not panic about taking the test. Go to IRS web site and they will tell you exactly what to study. Stick with the script and you will be victorious. For me, I was set back a little because the current questions relates are for tax year 2010, not tax year 2011. I have been paying my taxes on time, every time, so I should not have any problem with the compliance check (smile).

I have enjoyed being a member of The Tax Book chat box. I have submitted two questions, and each time, the answers that I received were quite helpful. In fact, the answers were all that was necessary to make me draw a conclusion. All of my co-workers should invest in the Tax Book...the book and message board are priceless.
      I agree with your comments. I have found much value on this message board. Many times it has helped me go back and read a section again to understand it better.

Dusty

Comment

When will the new test start again and will it take on the 2011 laws we have now? Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
          When will the new test start again and will it take on the 2011 laws we have now? Anybody know?
          From RTRP Test FAQ page:

"15. Do the questions change from year to year? (posted 2/22/12)

Through March 31, 2012, all tax law references on the test are to 2010 tax law. Tests administered beginning April 16, 2012, will be based on 2011 tax law.

16. Is the registered tax return preparer test offered year round? (posted 2/22/12)

Yes. You may take the test at any time during the year except during the annual black-out period from April 1 — April 15. During this time, the test is unavailable while the system is updated."

Comment

Hmm

Originally posted by BP. View Post
            You may take the test at any time during the year except during the annual black-out period from April 1 — April 15.
            That is my annual black-out period, too. Small world, huh?

And, I don't know why, but I alway read "RTRP" as "Rest in Peace".
            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X