1099-b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099-b

I thought I saw this on the board earlier, but searched and could not find. When attaching forms to 8453 from broker, what dates would need to be used on the
    Sch D -8949 for purchased and sold stock.

My post?

I believe it was on my post, and I was told to be sure to categorize the covered and non-covered trades.
    I have an 80- PAGE count 'em 80 PAGE 1099B hanging around in my email that I have to deal with.
    Can't wait.
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Dates and using Form 8453

Originally posted by Possi View Post
      I believe it was on my post, and I was told to be sure to categorize the covered and non-covered trades.
      I have an 80- PAGE count 'em 80 PAGE 1099B hanging around in my email that I have to deal with.
      Can't wait.
      I feel your pain. I currently have a 50-pager along with two other investment accounts for the same client.

At this point I am seriously considering putting only a small handful of in/out summary entries on Form 8949 and then spending a little time reviewing the "fine print" for Form 8453.

As for the dates, IIRC I think a possible solution mentioned was "various" for purchases and "12/31/2011" for sales. I'm sure someone will chime in again.

FE

Comment

Working...
      X