Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Address Changes On W-2 And 1099-R forms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Address Changes On W-2 And 1099-R forms.

I am seeing a HUGE number of W-2 forms and 1099-R forms which reflect a change in
    the address of the employer and provider of retirement funds. I do not understand this.
    What is going on? Be CAREFUL to update these addresses or IRS will reject the tax
    returns.
    Last edited by dyne; 02-28-2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: typo

I have noticed the same- more on the Retirement 1099R forms, I have to correct many of the addresses - PO Box and State

Sandy

Comment

I've never seen a rejection due to addresses on W-2s or 1099Rs, just due to EINs. Indeed, I'm pretty sure that W-2s from the Commonwealth of MA will have a different address depending on agency but the same EIN.

Comment

I received an IRS reject regarding TWO W-2 forms for the SAME client and the employers swear that the EI numer and addresses for both are correct. I have received several other rejects because the address had changed and I failed to update the address.

Comment

Sometimes

Originally posted by dyne View Post
          I received an IRS reject regarding TWO W-2 forms for the SAME client and the employers swear that the EI numer and addresses for both are correct. I have received several other rejects because the address had changed and I failed to update the address.
          Sometimes, at least with ATX, when I click a reject message, it takes me to a 1099-R for example, but NOT the 1099-R with a problem. Or a dependant, but NOT the dependent that got claimed by the parent who beat my client to the punch.

But, I've never had a reject over an address. Awesome. One more thing...
          If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I have Tax Slayer and it gives great details about the problem on rejects, tells me specifically which W-2 or which dependent is the problem. The IRS is specific about this info and seems all software should indicate the exact problem

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
              Sometimes, at least with ATX, when I click a reject message, it takes me to a 1099-R for example, but NOT the 1099-R with a problem. Or a dependant, but NOT the dependent that got claimed by the parent who beat my client to the punch.

But, I've never had a reject over an address. Awesome. One more thing...
              Agree with Rita; nary a reject over wrong address of payor of a 1099r. It's the EIN that counts.
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
              X