Passive Loss Carryforwards-two different opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passive Loss Carryforwards-two different opinions

I'll summarize my original message: client with passive loss carryforwards - can they be written off in final year of ltd partnership?

County Boy says absolutely NOT. Unregistered says yes, they can be used in the final year of the partnership.

So who is right?

Thanks - maybe somebody knows a source for this. I don't want to make a mistake with this client.

Thanks so much.

Cheryl
    cherylrein@aol.com

See TTB, page 7-8: "Suspended losses are allowed as a deduction in the year the activity is fully disposed of in a taxable transaction."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl Rein
      I'll summarize my original message: client with passive loss carryforwards - can they be written off in final year of ltd partnership?

County Boy says absolutely NOT. Unregistered says yes, they can be used in the final year of the partnership.

So who is right?

Thanks - maybe somebody knows a source for this. I don't want to make a mistake with this client.

Thanks so much.

Cheryl
      cherylrein@aol.com

Stand to correction. You can take the losses on final K-1. Did not read the final part correctly

My apologies

I was wondering how your software handles it.
      Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
      X