TaxAct Discussion Forum Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TaxAct Discussion Forum Site

Can anyone tell me how to get to the TaxAct tax discussion group? Someone wrote at some point it is on yahoo?

TaxACT

I found this in a Google search:

I have used TaxACT for years, but I have never participated in this group. In fact, I didn't even know it existed.

The guidelines make it clear that:

- it is an unofficial group, not supported by the TaxACT owners or developers, and
    - it is only for support for the program, not for general tax questions

and they say that they monitor new users, so your post may not appear immediately

and that it is NOT intended as a support vehicle for "newbies"

and they don't want any "off-topic" posts, even if they are so labelled

Doesn't sound like a very friendly bunch to me

I've only encountered issues that needed support from TaxACT once or twice in the last couple years. Overall, I have found their professional support to be adequate.

This year I was unimpressed with how they addressed two issues that I brought to their attention. But neither issue was mission critical. In both cases, I found a workaround.

If you are having a specific problem with TaxACT, feel free to e-mail me, or post your question.

This message board generally is not meant for software specific questions, but they do get posted occasionally, and you won't get run out of town on a rail for it.

One recent thread asked about e-mailing the client a PDF instead of a delivering a paper copy, and the discussion developed into very specific and detailed questions about how to use certain PDF functions in Drake.

There are other TaxACT users on this board (besides me).

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Burton..ProSeries is very responsive to professionals requests for changed. That is the most important reason why I won't go elsewhere.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
      X