Why is mY Quickbook Slow???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is mY Quickbook Slow???

Could anyone help? My Quickbook suddenly turned slow. Everytime I click a command it shows "not responding" then after a minute or two works.

I posted something about this, but then I took down my original thoughts. QB has become so complex that it's best to contact their customer support if you have a problem like this. They will have several possible diagnostic procedures you can try, but most of them should be done only under their supervision.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I noticed too that my fast new computer started to slow down after I now have 3 different QB years installed and 2 tax years, all from Intuit. Intuit products are very invasive. I once had a firewall that actually showed me how many files were changed with just one QB update. It was well over 500.

OK, what I have done and now will be doing regularly is to reboot my computer. I normally do not shut it down overnight since I have automatic backups running. Rebooting helped a big deal until the next slowdown. So far it is working for me.

Comment

SlowBooks

QuickBooks is a massive memory and resource hog.

It has around a dozen functions built in that automatically connect to the internet for various purposes. Most of them are not necessary, but it is not easy to disable them.

The default configuration does not provide optimal performance.

BMK
        Burton M. Koss
        koss@usakoss.net

Comment

This is why I went into MSCONFIG and deleted all the automatic start up programs Quickbooks forces. My boot up quickened substantially.

Amazing how many programs boot up partially when you start your computer. Every one of my old tax software years was loading an update program. Really, I don't need to update the 2009 software anymore, thanks.

Comment

I know I have quickbooks web connector that is running all the time along with whatever else it came with. I have not had a problem yet with my QuickBooks running slow. But then again I have 16 gigs of ram.

Comment

Robert, Please, how do I locate MSCONFIG?

Kay,EA

Comment

In Windows 7, go to Start, Accessories, Click on Run. Type in msconfig. Hit okay and it will bring up MSConfig.

Comment

Kay

I asked a colleague about the R9 update installation QB asks about on startup. If memory serves, I remember there are some issues that need to be worked out. Unfortunately, I did not keep that link. However, this may not be what's causing your slow-down.

Maybe others might be able to address this.

Comment

You can browse Sleeter Group - they have some good Articles on QB
                    [http://www.sleeter.com/newsletter/

I receive via email.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X