Energy Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Doctor

Energy Doctor is selling electrical devices to help save electricity. They say is qualifies for 10%, $1500 max. I can't find on form 5695. am I overlooking? don't know what I'm looking for? how do we get the credit?

I don't think you overlook anything, incredible what people come up with. First of all the limit of $1,500 is not available any longer for 2011. Can they produce a "Manufacturer's Certificate"?

Comment

The company sent a letter stating Form 5695 and in the letter stated the 10%. Maybe the certificate when they rec'd the product. But if not available, no certificate needed? It was purchased for farm business, and in last part of 2011, so 100% special allow, anyway.

Comment

What do you think how the IRS would answer that question?

I cannot imagine that this deal qualifies no matter what the letter says. Client needs to contact seller and/or go find the certificate online.

Comment

I've gone online and can't seem to find much about the unit or the company. What I meant, that if that particular credit isn't allowed anymore, there is no need to look for a manufacturer's certificate. Sorry, it didn't come out right.

Comment

EnergyStar.org

EnergyStar.org

Comment

The phrase "electrical devices to help save electricity" isn't very specific. Find out what the device is. It could be anything from a fuel cell (likely to qualify) to a lightbulb insert that reduces the wattage (no way).

Comment

Looking at them online, it looks to be a thermal scan of the home/business and then various insulation and heat trap stuff. The insulation qualifies as does the attic recirculation fan, the light bulbs and inserts no so much.

Comment

Originally posted by snowshine View Post
                  Looking at them online, it looks to be a thermal scan of the home/business and then various insulation and heat trap stuff. The insulation qualifies as does the attic recirculation fan, the light bulbs and inserts no so much.
                  I found multiple hits for "Energy Doctor", so I'm not making any assumptions about which one is the one in this case. Since trademarks can be local, there can be many businesses with the same name. It's entirely possible that the "Energy Doctor" in this case doesn't show up on the web at all.

Comment

The letter the business sent had "Powermaxx" highlighted for my client and 10% credit $1500 limit. They had several products and I assume they sent the same letter and just marked what was purchased. But I have googled that too and can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by JenMO View Post
                      The letter the business sent had "Powermaxx" highlighted for my client and 10% credit $1500 limit. They had several products and I assume they sent the same letter and just marked what was purchased. But I have googled that too and can't find it.
                      form 5695 pertains to residential (read personal residence) credits for individuals.
                      You said up there somewhere this energy saver thingamabob was purchased for business use. There's your deduction, and residential energy credit don't apply.
                      ChEAr$,
                      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                      X