Roth Basic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roth Basic

Taxpayer made contribution to his retirement plan at works and they call it "Roth Basic".

If he has contributed more than $6,000 to this "Roth Basic" at work, can he still make another $5,000 contribution to his own individual Roth IRA account?

I found the following information on the internet:

"No employer plan limit. Coverage under a retirement plan maintained by your employer does not affect your ability to contribute to a Roth IRA. If you meet the requirements described below, you can contribute to a Roth IRA even if you participate in an employer plan such as a 401k. Even if you contribute to a [B]Roth 401k account{/B], your contributions to a Roth IRA are unaffected."

Is "Roth Basic" just the same as "Roth 401k account"?

Comment

Never heard that

I would assume that a "Basic ROTH" means "ROTH IRA" and not "ROTH 401(k)". And the maximum (if the other conditions are met) contribution to a ROTH IRA is $6,000.

However, this is the first I've heard of a "Basic" ROTH, so you are getting my best after church off-the-cuff opinion. But, church was really good today.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
      X