Loan Cos. accept watermark copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Cos. accept watermark copies?

This is the first year ProSeries has an optional Water Mark on the clients copy of the tax return. Does anyone have any experience if a loan company etc. would accept a paper copy tax return that was watermarked? ProSeries Water Marks every page of the tax return unless there is some way to adjust it but I couldn't locate any adjustedments.

I "watermark" all of my Client Copies - and that is what I provide to the Client, which in turn will forward to any Loan Co requesting a copy of their tax return.

Sandy

Comment

Copy of Return

Yes, they should.

Our software marks returns with the words "Client Copy" and "Do Not File" on every page.

For some documents that are not routinely generated by our tax software, we still use an old-fashioned rubber stamp, with blue ink, that says "copy."

BMK
      Burton M. Koss
      koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Watermark is a positive

Originally posted by Koss View Post
        Yes, they should.

Our software marks returns with the words "Client Copy" and "Do Not File" on every page.

For some documents that are not routinely generated by our tax software, we still use an old-fashioned rubber stamp, with blue ink, that says "copy."

BMK
        That's EXACTLY what I do. The blue "watermark" is unobtrusive and serves its purpose. Every now and then I do have to break out the old "copy" ink stamp.

And, to take things one step further: The Social Security numbers (filer/dependents) on the client tax return are masked. In today's world, you just cannot be "too careful."

FE

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          This is the first year ProSeries has an optional Water Mark on the clients copy of the tax return. Does anyone have any experience if a loan company etc. would accept a paper copy tax return that was watermarked? ProSeries Water Marks every page of the tax return unless there is some way to adjust it but I couldn't locate any adjustedments.
          It is a new feature this year. I love it because I pdf the filed copy and the preparers copy and then I use the watermark to print a copy of the filed copy for the client. In all the years I have used ProSeries I have never used the print client copy option.
          As I have said many times before I do not sign the client copy and I recommend they not sign it either. No refusals from loan companies until this year with BOA on a home retention application they insist the copy be signed or the underwriters won't accept it.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Recently

a client asked about the watermark. Apparently the lender thought "Do not file" meant the return had not been filed.

^sigh^
            Last edited by veritas; 02-17-2012, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Observation

Originally posted by veritas View Post
              a client asked about the watermark. Apparently the lender thought "Do not file" meant the return had not been filed.

^sigh^
              "You can't fix stupid!!"

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post

^sigh^
                Feduke has it right... I have to ask, though, would this have been the TP's agent or the underwriter...because if this is the underwriter I would say " you can't fix totally and completely stupid" this is more ignorance of the tax laws...ignorance can be fixed by educating the idiot!
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                X