How would you handle this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you handle this?

This year, I have received two requests to verify tax return. From what I hear, they are investigative companies which help the lenders to investigate whether fraud had been committed during the loan application process.They are basically investigating the mortgage company which handled the loan processing.

But are we supposed to help them with the verification process? More important question, would there be legal consequence if we verify the information of our tax client with a 3rd party. What would you do under the situation?

Please share your opinions.
    Last edited by Questionguy101; 02-14-2012, 01:45 PM.

I usually throw third party requests & verifications in the garbage.
    Last edited by JohnH; 02-14-2012, 01:32 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Even if you don't want to follow the advise of our beloved guru, I don't see how you could give any information without a "Consent to Disclose" form from the client without breaking the confidentiality of the client.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
      X