Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square

I took my first credit card payment with my SquareUp. It worked like a charm. I got an email right away that told me the charge and what would be deposited in my account.

I was so tickled. My client thought it was great, too.

It is amazing what excites us old people!!

Linda, EA

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
    It is amazing what excites us old people!!
    Go, You!

Comment

Me, too!

I love iTransact~ Instant email telling me it flew, and I never write a credit card number down, either. I'm no longer chasing clients all yr long to collect my fees!

A client working for Dept of Homeland Security told me that when my clients email credit card information, to do it like this; email half the CC number in one email.

BEGIN A FRESH, NEW EMAIL, and send the second half of the CC number with the expiration date.

Good advise. Keeps it simple, too.

"I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

This is my first season using square and so far I love it! No problems and quick deposits into my account.

Comment

Not familiar with Square Up. What is this?

Comment

I tried to sign up and I thought my order went through, but now I know it didn't. Need to try it again, especially since I'm getting a lot of remote clients.

Comment

Is there a way to use Square Up if you do not have the card in your hand? I don't see how it could work for mail in returns, which would be good for me.

Comment

Bonnie, take a look at Squareup.com they have some videos that give you a real good idea of what it is. Basically, I think, you can take credit cards using your cell phone.

Comment

Only problem I see with using credit cards is the client can turn right around and have the credit card company cancel it.
                  Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Agree with Taxea

Every time I have investigated getting paid by credit card I run into a couple of things that bother me. I'm not supposed to do anything by way of marking up the fee for cc users to make up for what I lose to the company. (No agreement has addressed the possibility of a discount for cash or check.) And I have to agree that if the payer wants their money back they are going to get it, period end of story and if I like I can take them to court or hire a debt collector.

Comment

Working...
                    X