New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York

I have a client who lives in, and works in pa. Has a small amount in w-2 income with witholding from New York 5 dollars, and california withholding 1 dollar. Do you think I should do a new york and california return to get this money back. Or just pay pa the extra withholding?

You can't bill enough and it is not worth doing any other state that PA. Just file PA, the other states don't care.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Speaking of NY

I agree.. leave those other states out of the equation.
      Of course, I'd rather go to the dentist than do a NY return. I only do a couple of NY a year. I went to the website to re-register (not pay) to do those couple of returns, and it did not take my name and password.
      I emailed the NY taxation dept a week ago and they still have not gotten back to me.
      I have a new client coming in on Thursday with a NY return to do.
      What to do?
      =(
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Possi

Hi Possi,
        If you are an EA or CPA, you do not have to register to get a NYPTin. Maybe that's why you haven't heard from them?
        Having just been to the dentist, it's hard to say I'd rather go to dentist than do a NY return, but I don't enjoy NY returns either.

Comment

Neither

I'm neither. Until I get my test results (RTRP), I am nobody...
          "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
          X