Experience F preparers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MilTaxEA View Post
    You might want to consider purchasing CPE for farming. NATP has a new Schedule F book they released last year. Looking at the outline, it looks like it address many of the questions you have.

I've been really impressed with the quality of NATPs publications.
    I'm only familiar with AIPB's self study books, I especially like all the tests at the end of chapters and the sample returns in there, are these like that, is there a test you mail in at the end to get CPE's?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
      I'm only familiar with AIPB's self study books, I especially like all the tests at the end of chapters and the sample returns in there, are these like that, is there a test you mail in at the end to get CPE's?
      I never actually use the NATP books for official CPE hours. I just order the books for my own reference since they are cheaper than the CPE credits through NATP. I get my actual CPE through another source.

They do have mini tests at the end of each chapter along with case studies and sample returns/forms. This was how I learned how to take care of S-Corp returns.

Glancing through Pub 225 made me realize that farming is quite a bit different than Schedule C/E so I knew I would need a better reference if I took on any farming clients. I never ordered the Schedule F book, but I almost did when I a farmer consider using my services one year.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by MilTaxEA View Post
        I never actually use the NATP books for official CPE hours. I just order the books for my own reference since they are cheaper than the CPE credits through NATP. I get my actual CPE through another source.

They do have mini tests at the end of each chapter along with case studies and sample returns/forms. This was how I learned how to take care of S-Corp returns.

Glancing through Pub 225 made me realize that farming is quite a bit different than Schedule C/E so I knew I would need a better reference if I took on any farming clients. I never ordered the Schedule F book, but I almost did when I a farmer consider using my services one year.
        Thanks, this sounds like just what I'm looking for!

Comment

What specific costs are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by TaxmannEA View Post
            What specific costs are we talking about?
            preproductive plants that will take an average of 5 years to produce

Comment

and all associated indirect costs of those plants

Comment

Just moving back to the top!!! Thanks everyone!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X