Res. rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Res. rental

I have a client who sold Res. rental property in 2005. This prop. was purchased in 1991.

Is there any special rules apply?

He installed carpet in 2003. I think this have to be dep. over 27.5 just like building, right?

Thank you.

Carpet depr

Carpeting, furniture and appliances in a rental are MACRS 5 year.
    I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sova
      Carpeting, furniture and appliances in a rental are MACRS 5 year.
      Thanks Matt.

Is there any special rule apply for sale of this res. rental? (Since it was purchased in 1991)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        I have a client who sold Res. rental property in 2005. This prop. was purchased in 1991.

Is there any special rules apply?

He installed carpet in 2003. I think this have to be dep. over 27.5 just like building, right?

Thank you.

Was the carpet depreciated in 2003 or are you preparing 2003 taxes now.
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by BRIAN
          Was the carpet depreciated in 2003 or are you preparing 2003 taxes now.
          I am preparing 2005 tax return. Carpet was dep. in 2003. But I was not sure if it was done right. Client used different method.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            I am preparing 2005 tax return. Carpet was dep. in 2003. But I was not sure if it was done right. Client used different method.
            Since the property is sold you might as well let it go. Continue with the same depreciation as in 2003 .It would not make any sense to amend the last 2 years return

Good luck
            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
            X