Where's My Refund -No Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
    I just checked the "Where's my refund" for a client and this is the message:

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Your tax refund was deposited on February 6, 2012. Check with your bank or tax preparer if your refund has not been credited to your account.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

What am I suppose to tell them if it is not credited to their account?
    First you want to verify the account number they gave you. When you determine it was not your error you need to tell them that if they look at the return they will see that you input the account number they provided. Then you explain that you have no control over anything on the return once it is filed and accepted. They will have to take their issue directly to the IRS.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Jesse, does the software you use provide you with a print out for the"Direct Deposit - Bank Verification" ? My software does and I include that "page" along with my 8879 forms, and have the Taxpayer sign - to verify that the Bank, Routing # and Account # is correct.

If all of that is correct, and for some reason the deposit does not happen to get to the T/P account, then the T/P needs to check with their Bank - which is something you and I can not do on the T/P's behalf.

I only check on where's my refund as a courtesy for the approximate release and deposit date and provide that to the T/P. Most of the time - the T/P can't seem to find it on their bank statement, or when they are online at their Banking Statements. Then when I provid the "Where's My Refund" print out they go "DUH" it really is in my bank account, now I see it!

Sandy

Comment

From IRS website

"If a taxpayer received an acknowledgment message that their e-filed tax return has been received, they can be assured that the IRS has the tax return even though "Where's My Refund" does not reflect that. Taxpayers should not call the IRS unless specifically directed by "Where's My Refund," as there is no new information to give them"

Check your W-4 tax withholding with the IRS Tax Withholding Estimator. See how your withholding affects your refund, paycheck or tax due.

Obviously that is what many of us are finding out but does that mean that the direct deposit will be on time or not until we see the return in the "where is my refund"?

Comment

Working...
        X