Form 14157 Tax Prep Preparer complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 14157 Tax Prep Preparer complaint

I had no idea this form existed. Another benefit of this message board. Right off the bat, I cannot think of any reason why I would disclose my contact info on this form even though its optional. If I reported an incompetent tax preparer based on a tax return he or she prepared providing the IRS with the name, address and PTIN of the tax preparer, name of the tax payer and a detailed explanation of why I believe the tax preparer was incompetent with this particular tax return, the IRS can look up the tax return themselves.

I did not know about this form either. This message board is very valuable!!!

Comment

Im looking

for the Form 666 to report IRS misdeeds.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
        for the Form 666 to report IRS misdeeds.
        I think that you find that in the final chapter of "Tim Geitner's Guide to TurboTax Filing of Complex Tax Returns" book. Be sure to check out Chapter 3 "How I Avoided Paying Tax on my Income Until I Could Get a High Paying Gubmit Job".

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Ha Ha

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
          I think that you find that in the final chapter of "Tim Geitner's Guide to TurboTax Filing of Complex Tax Returns" book. Be sure to check out Chapter 3 "How I Avoided Paying Tax on my Income Until I Could Get a High Paying Gubmit Job".

LT
          and spend other ppls money.

Comment

According to TTB news article posted here http://www.thetaxbook.com/updates/Th...0Preparers.pdf the purpose of the form is to identify “ghost preparers” (unscrupulous preparers who do not sign returns they prepare). Taxpayers who appear to have had assistance with their returns but lack tax return preparer signatures are being sent letters informing them to use this form if they in fact paid someone to do their return who did not sign as a paid preparer.

Comment

Working...
            X