Indiana Income Tax Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indiana Income Tax Returns

Just wanted to check with anyone else who files Indiana individual income tax returns electronically.....my normal turnaround time with my tax software was always 24-48 hours for the State of Indiana returns and normally around 12 hours for my federal returns. All of my federal returns are now being accepted within 15 minutes, but all of the Indiana returns that I have filed since 2/2/2012 are still showing "Awaiting Acceptance." I checked with my software provider and all they would say is the State of Indiana has up to 10 days to accept returns. Anyone else having this issue with electronically filed Indiana returns? The returns I filed prior to 2/2/12 were accepted within the normal timeframe.

Thanks for your help!

E-file Delays

I haven't done any Indiana returns yet this year. But we are seeing Ohio acceptance lagging behind the federal by several days...

Hoosier software provider?? [LMAO]

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Mo,

My Indiana returns are processing fine. Anything I transmitted Feb 7 and before, I have acks for. Currently, I am just waiting for acks for the returns I transmitted yesterday.

Debbie

Comment

Indiana Reply

I wasn't sure if it was my software provider or the State of Indiana (or a combination of both). I received the following reply today:

Dear Taxpayer,

Electronic returns are taking additional time to complete processing. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or the taxpayer.

Please do not respond to this email. If in need of further assistance, please contact the Individual Income Tax Division at individualtaxassistance@dor.in.gov and attach a copy of the original email.

Thank You

Cindy Noel 
        Team Lead-Tax Administration, Customer Contact
        Indiana Department of Revenue
        100 N Senate Ave
        Indianapolis, IN 46204
        317-232-2240

Comment

Thanks Burton and Debbie!

Thank you both for responding.

Burton, you and I must have the same sense of humor!

Debbie, glad to hear that yours are processing normally. Indiana did finally accept the one return that I filed on 2/2/12 today ...here's hoping the "pile" I submitted on 2/4/12 gets picked up soon.

Comment

Working...
          X