"Registered" Tax Preparer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Registered" Tax Preparer

I have been seeing preparers use the designation "Registered IRS Tax Preparer". I thought they could not use this designation until after they take the test. Also, I am under the impression that they can't use the "IRS" in that designation. Am I correct?

As far as I know, no one is an RTRP at this time. Even those who have taken the test do not have scores yet, as the IRS is trying to determine the passing grade.

Comment

Yes, you are correct.

Comment

are you amending those returns already?

Comment

these

ALL instances of this should be reported to IRS ASAP

Comment

I think you need to receive your certificate first

[QUOTE=ruthc;131698]I have been seeing preparers use the designation "Registered IRS Tax Preparer". I thought they could not use this designation until after they take the test.QUOTE]

I was under the impression that even if you pass the test like the EA, you still cannot use the EA designation until your form 23 clears the IRS and you recieve your EA certificate.

Comment

Cir 230 addresses what you can and can't use regarding the IRS in your advertising.
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Report to IRS

I have been trying to locate the phone number or email address to report this situation and have been unable to find either. Any help on this? Thanks

Comment

I think you use this form http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f14157.pdf
                  If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

Working...
                  X