Marine use gasoline credit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marine use gasoline credit?

Client has receipts for gas purchased at the marina for his boat. Says there's a tax credit available for it. I feel like I'm chasin bunnies... and me, a possum, ain't gettin very far.

I've looked in TTB and at the IRS site to no avail.

Help?
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Gas Credit.....

.... the only gas credit I'm aware of is off-road "business use". Any business that uses gasoline or diesel fuels for equipment can tax a credit for each gallon. I have landscapers, asphalt companies, (bus companies get a special credit), excavators, or any business that uses off road equipment that was purchased from regular gas pumps. You would use form 4136.
    Last edited by BOB W; 03-29-2006, 03:33 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

not business use

I have used that one before, but this wouldn't qualify for off road business use.
      Thanks for the reply though!
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Off Road...

can mean on the water, but I only know of business use. I have clamers that take the gas credit, but that is a business as well.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

fishermen

Probably commercial fishermen talking about the tax credit.
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X