Rent Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent Assistance

Has anyone ever had a client receive a 1099M for rent from the Salvation Army for the rent assistance they received?
    I am preparing a 2009 return from the wage and income statement from the IRS. It has $500.00 listed as rents on a 1099M and the payor as the Salvation Army.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

What is a 1099 M?

Never heard of that one.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I think he means a 1099-MISC

Comment

Originally posted by KBTS View Post
        I think he means a 1099-MISC
        I guess we won't know until she tells us.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Yes 1099MISC.
          You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

It looks to me

like the 1099 MISC should have gone to the landlord. The renter is not receiving rent.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
              Has anyone ever had a client receive a 1099M for rent from the Salvation Army for the rent assistance they received?
              I am preparing a 2009 return from the wage and income statement from the IRS. It has $500.00 listed as rents on a 1099M and the payor as the Salvation Army.
              Well, a 1099 misc for rent (box one, no?) indicates that Salvation army rented some premises from the recipient.

If not, the form is in error.

However just maybe the recipient actually worked for the 500 and the amount showed up in the wrong box since SOMEbody knew that he used it to pay his rent.

GRIN
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

my clients get 1099m for the income paid by a non-profit
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Perhaps the $500 was in Box 7 and not under rent?
                  JG

Comment

Working...
                  X