Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Expenses Question for the Smart Cookies

Hello All!

Client moved to Hawaii from California for new job. I understand that shipping and transportation costs are considered moving expenses. My quandary is the license/health/safety check expenses associated with shipping items to Hawaii. Would that be also considered moving expenses? Thanks in advance for your responses.

I don't see the issue with taking those costs as long as they are directly a result of the shipping.
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by beck View Post
      Hello All!

Client moved to Hawaii from California for new job. I understand that shipping and transportation costs are considered moving expenses. My quandary is the license/health/safety check expenses associated with shipping items to Hawaii. Would that be also considered moving expenses? Thanks in advance for your responses.
      I don't know if I am the smart one but I did the same thing when I moved home. Keeping within the rules the necessary expense of moving household and family, including pets and cars. I shipped three cars. As I recall there are only restrictions on once you get here or what is explicited stated as not expensible.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Thanks for your responses. Shipping her doggies was expensive!

Comment

Working...
        X