Newt Gingrich return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newt Gingrich return

Newt's 2010 tax return showed $8505 on the schedule A for tax prep fee. Granted that it was for the prior year. His return didn't seem all that complicated.

Do any of you folks charge that much? I could use a few clients that I could charge a like amount. Wouldn't need to many clients.

Do you suppose

that the prep fee included the 1120POL that was likely required but likely not released?

Then too we can only imagine how much of a PIA Gingrich is and how much his PIA fee is.

Since you have seen his return why don't you ask the paid preparer for his schedule of fees?

Comment

Where can I see Romney's tax return?

Anybody have the link to Romney's tax return?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
        Search on google

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
          Then too we can only imagine how much of a PIA Gingrich is and how much his PIA fee is.
          I think you have the answer: $505 for tax prep & $8,000 for PITA !!

Comment

Originally posted by jimenright View Post
            Newt's 2010 tax return showed $8505 on the schedule A for tax prep fee. Granted that it was for the prior year. His return didn't seem all that complicated.

Do any of you folks charge that much? I could use a few clients that I could charge a like amount. Wouldn't need to many clients.
            I have a question.

If you knew a prospective client paid $8,500 in tax prep the previous year and they came to you asking for a quote, would you use that $8,500 figure and make an adjustment?

I had a prospect come in and he was paying $4,500. My normal rate would have been about $1,200 but since I knew the rate he was paying I quoted $3,500. He was thrilled, I was thrilled and we progressed happily ever after. He's turned into one of my top 5 investment clients also.

Comment

Requested link

All you ever need to know about all of the "family" returns is located here:

The actual 2010 personal tax return, all 203 pages, is here:

FE

Comment

Originally posted by Roberts View Post
                I have a question.

If you knew a prospective client paid $8,500 in tax prep the previous year and they came to you asking for a quote, would you use that $8,500 figure and make an adjustment?

I had a prospect come in and he was paying $4,500. My normal rate would have been about $1,200 but since I knew the rate he was paying I quoted $3,500. He was thrilled, I was thrilled and we progressed happily ever after. He's turned into one of my top 5 investment clients also.
                I'd probably do the same thing you did and then seriously consider raising my prices in general if I believe I'm not charging enough.
                Michael

Comment

Now that

I have deciphered your acronym, your explanation seems plausible.

Comment

I wonder how much he paid for his preparation?

Originally posted by Roberts View Post
                    I have a question.

The only problem with this is another firm will quote 20-25% less than you if it's a price issue for the client....of course, we'd all like to sell based on quality, which I do, a lot of times, especially for some of these big ones, it comes down to money.

Originally posted by MilTaxEA View Post
                    I'd probably do the same thing you did and then seriously consider raising my prices in general if I believe I'm not charging enough.
                    We also don't know what else this firm did for Gingrich, accounting wise, and billed it as his tax prep fee......maybe weekly bookkeeping, which I do for a good sized corporation in my town for about $9-10k a year.....maybe payroll....maybe Newt has other entities that they do work for, but again, they wouldn't put that figure on his personal Schedule A, right?

I had a client walk in my office (mind you I live in a small rural town) a few months ago shopping for a new accountant....I priced their fee high and told them it was rough and could go up. It was a couple of partnership returns and 3 individual returns. I said it would be $2-3k a year. They accepted to hire my practice to do their returns every year and later confessed their near by accounting firm charged them $10,000 a year. I did look at the returns and my quote was about 50% higher than normal.....so even outside of the PIA fee, I was still waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy lower than my close neighbor preparer!

Comment

Originally posted by kpangelinan View Post
                      I wonder how much he paid for his preparation?
                      A friend of mine worked in her dad's office and she told me that her dad had this very large, long-standing client and their prep fees ranged around $25K each year. That would be a nice payday, but we'd earn every dime of it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
                        A friend of mine worked in her dad's office and she told me that her dad had this very large, long-standing client and their prep fees ranged around $25K each year. That would be a nice payday, but we'd earn every dime of it for sure.
                        Agreed and at first glance....I would say that Romney would be getting a deal at $25k!

Comment

Working...
                        X