• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

The secret service may be able to help!

Comment

Change Daycare Provider

I would not want my child to be cared for by someone who does not want to provide an ID number.
      It leads me to think the person is dishonest with finances and perhaps other things.

Comment

How about the opposite situation?

Would you feel comfortable leaving your child with someone whom you are badgering about their ID number when they don't want to give it?
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
          The IRS, in its own instructions for Form 2441, tells how a taxpayer/tax professional can handle the scenario where a day care provider fails to provide a SSN/EIN. To summarize: attach an explanatory statement to the bottom of page 2 of Form 2441, and file a paper return in lieu of efiling.

So long as I properly adhere to those specific stated guidelines, I totally fail to see how in any way, shape, or form I have not already performed the necessary "due diligence" for the preparation of said Form 2441.

Thanks to the many folks who have responded. I now get the distinct opinion that the IRS has other points of emphasis at the present time....

FE
          That is due diligence....making sure that everything required is included!
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post

Would you feel comfortable leaving your child with someone whom you are badgering about their ID number when they don't want to give it?
            Would you really be willing to keep taking your child there when you already know that this person violates the rules?

It is the people who don't want to pay taxes on the income that refuse to provide required information. Why else would they withhold this peace of information. Is she running a business/ How many kids does she care for? Is she required to be licensed by the state?

The ironic thing about this is if she is just doing this for a little extra cash she may not even be making enough to have to file in the first place.
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Comfort level

Originally posted by JohnH View Post

Since it's not my child....

I personally would likely have some second thoughts about the overall integrity of the provider.

Probably like going to a tax provider who does not sign the return.

As for any "badgering," the aforementioned code plainly states it is the responsiblity of the provider to furnish such information upon valid request (Form W-10), with a $50 penalty for each failure to do so.

FE

Comment

Provider

For me as a Parent - I do not think I would badger the Provider, I would simply present what the Regulations are, and if they did not want to comply, I would look to other resources in Child Care. Unfortunately there are a lot of Child Care Providers that are not reporting their income from those services, but also parents that are "not asking" for the information for the compliance for the Child Care deduction, for one reason or another.

And yes John H - if I had "badgered" that provider, I would NOT (as a parent) be able to leave my child there and feel that the right care was being offered and provided to my child, if the child care deduction was that important to me - I would be looking for alternatives.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                X