POLL: BBB and/or D&B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: BBB and/or D&B

Did you take advantage of the FREE registration w/the Better Business Bureau OR Did you pay for the Accredited Business w/the BBB and/or did you Buy into the Dunn & Bradstreet (D&B) rating service?

Pd accredited BBB Member

Registered w/BBB

Pd D&B member
    FREE registration w/BBB
    100.00%
    Pd accredited BBB member
    0.00%
    Pd D&B member
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I never give them any info.................................
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I talked to BBB once about what membership does for my business and they said they help resolve disputes between customers and businesses. They keep a record of complaints, valid or not, of members and they share that info with anyone who makes an inquiry about your company. I asked what they do if someone calls to complain about a non-member business they said they don't accept complaints about non-members. So, joining BBB means they will keep a record of complaints about you and share those with the public, valid or not. If you're not a member, they don't have any information to share with the public about you, good or bad. I don't see any benefit to membership.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

D&b

I once had a free membership in D&B to track a small number of companies, tracked my own and a client or two. Did not pay when free membership was up. They call from time to time. I give them info they ask but do not join. Never heard from nor contacted BBB. So, my answer would be None of the Above.
        Last edited by Lion; 01-23-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

None of the above

Comment

I'm not too keen on them. I had a lengthy conversation with them some years ago and decided against joining. Like Bob, I give them no company information.

Comment

None of the above, for the reasons cited in taxmandan's post.

I also dont give them any info - the only time I've ever had any use for any of them was to check up on a competitor for one reason or another. Is there a lesson there?
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
              X