What do you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you see?

Are W-2 forms coming out earlier or not?

Vote
    earlier
    9.52%
    about the same
    47.62%
    later
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

'bout the same. But I rarely have any clients in before this week.

Looking forward to having about 5 by 1/31!
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

later here

The two big employers here in town still have not given out their w-2's. I expect to be slammed on Friday. I also have not seen several of the smaller employers w-2's. I hope that doesn't mean they are not coming to me this year!

Comment

Not sure. I don't really see many people until mid-February or so.

Comment

Haven't seen one yet

Not a single one

Comment

So far I have only 3 personal returns come in. I believe the W-2s are coming in late also.

Comment

Hard to say

For most of the month of January, "The Sounds of Silence" is quite appropriate around here.

Now as for those EITC folks down at the green box place, who knows?!?

FE

Comment

W-2 received

Only 3 as of today - one of which is one that I issued myself to an employee
                Not even all of the Bank 1099 INT, nor SSA statements yet - personally

Seems slow - but I don't prepare many returns for single W--2's or the EITC group.

But, I like others, really don't start to process returns much before the 2nd week in February.

Sandy

Comment

I have my W-2, most of my INT. waiting for 1099-Rs & my brokerage statement.

The biggest employer among my clients is the State of CA, and their W-2s arrived in Sacramento mailboxes Saturday....I already filed 2 clients. And the acks are coming back really quickly!

Comment

No but have heard from many "shoppers"

My first scheduled appointment is for Wednesday. Hopefully it is not a stretch of my imagination that he has all his W-2's and 1099's.

I've said it before but this year I am resolute not to take on any new clients. So you'd know once I dug in my heals, emails and calls would be coming out of the woodwork looking for someone new to prepare their taxes! My wife and I are the only ones in my business and I do all the actual tax prep. We did 365 sets last year and I just don't feel like I want to be any busier than that. Seeing the cash flow of new clients going elsewhere kind of hurts but being in our early 60's makes me realize I don't want to be in this business forever either. We've been at it over 30 years already.

Comment

Same?

Never see much in January, so don't know if the timing is the same or not.

Comment

Very Slow

We are down about 55. At this rate, we might be down a lot this year. Hope not. How is everyone else looking now that this tread is a week older?

Comment

I am up about 10%

Originally posted by tpnl View Post
                          We are down about 55. At this rate, we might be down a lot this year. Hope not. How is everyone else looking now that this tread is a week older?
                          did 50 last year up to 55 this year.

Dusty

Comment

More

Did none last year in January. Completed five so far with lots of early telephone calls too.

Comment

I believe "Free File" is cutting in or at least delaying those quicky returns.............
                              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
                              X