Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Hotline?

Has anyone used this service?
    Take a look at our 404 page. Tax Hotline is a full service tax, accounting and business consulting firm located in Barrington, IL.

Also, I took the RTRP exam on Dec 15th and have not heard whether I passed or not. Has anyone else heard?
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

I wasn't aware of this "service" will have to look it up but, I use the IRS hotline whenever I need info that is not yet posted to E-services. They are wonderful and very helpful. You now can call PP to get to the ACS unit, they will transfer you.
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Possi

It looks to me as though this service is marketed to taxpayers who self prepare and not to professionals. Let me know if you disagree.

I know nothing about the RTRP exam and its grading but you might try calling the IRS office that administers it or Prometrics. I can't help you with those numbers but I bet some on this board can.

I hope you will consider becoming an EA and joining NAEA. I don't blame you for passing RTRP first just to be sure you can stay in this profession but you come across on this board and in a PM or two I have with you as the kind of competent caring person who should do well at representation.

Comment

Tax Hotline

Years and Years ago, I used to subscribe to Tax Hotline - monthly publication in the mail,

It primarily is directed at the Individual Taxpayer - not really for a Tax Professional.

If you view their website - still appears as though it is directed as self-help for Taxpayers.

Sandy

Comment

Tax line

The introduction to the service came to me through CCH, my program server. So, it was directed to the professionals. They are offering us a "no contract" service for about $30/month.

If no one has used it, I won't bite the hook. I was just wondering if they actually answer calls and assist with difficult items pretty quick.

I love this board, and have never been disappointed. And I have PM'ed a few people for help with really difficult issues. I truly appreciate all the help, too!

About the RTRP exam, yes, I took the test and I might begin studying for the EA exam this year.

Testing scares the beejezus out of me. That's one reason I had kids. No tests. They have to accept me. That's also why I donate blood. No test... they don't even weigh me... "How much do you weigh?" ... "What? You aren't going to weigh me? What is the least I can weigh and still donate blood? THAT is what I weigh!"

Lawd, I pray I passed that test the first time!
          "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Tax Hotline

Then Erchess and I are probably in error
            If you "google" Tax Hotline subscription - I arrive at the old one I posted earlier which seemed to be directed to Individual Taxpayers.

So maybe CCH has something different???? Just has a similar "name" Do you have a WebSite for that??? $ 30 per month ? I believe Lion is a CCH user, so maybe she will chime in on this.

I am hoping the best for you on the RTRP exam - and I do hope that you will continue on for the EA exam.

Oh and subject of kids - No one indicated that we should take a test and pass that! I am thinking now, there should have been a TEST!

Sandy

Comment

Cch

It's not anything I've received info on from CCH. I do subscribe to their IntelliConnect. The posted link doesn't have a CCH logo.

Comment

I wouldn't when there are so many free resourses out there including IRS tax tips and other subscription email from them
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
                X