Ssn Verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taxea View Post
    To provide me with info is a violation of confidentiality. To verify that the name I give them is the same as the name they have is not a violation.
    From prior poster-the secret service, not the police. are the enforcers of SS fraud. It is a federal offense.

I am not, at all, suggesting that the verification provide us with info we don't have but if we input an SSN and the name we have it would be nice if the response simply said "match or no match".
    while($match == 0) {
    $SSN = 400000001;
    $Name = 'Smith';
    if (!($match = SSNMatch($SSN, $Name))
    $SSN = $SSN + 1;
    }

Not real code, but that's about as complex as you'd need to make it. Then just brute force your way to finding a matching SSN for Smith. Repeat for common names.

Comment

No difference

Originally posted by taxea View Post
      To provide me with info is a violation of confidentiality. To verify that the name I give them is the same as the name they have is not a violation.
      ...I am not, at all, suggesting that the verification provide us with info we don't have but if we input an SSN and the name we have it would be nice if the response simply said "match or no match".
      Simple response:

For the Social Security folks or the IRS folks to confirm any confidential information IS providing privileged information.

That's just not going to happen in today's world...

FE

Comment

Working...
      X