Square

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square

I have never accepted credit cards in the past, but every year the number of clients asking seems to grow. I have thought about using Square with my iPad. I purchased some stuff at a home party and the consultant used Square and she loved it and highly recommended it. I have read conflicting reviews about the app and would love to hear some thoughts about it. Anyone use it?

Works great.. used it around 15 times last tax season.

Chris

Comment

What are the discount rates and fees with Square? When the day comes that my merchant acnt provider says I have to get a new machine, I may change over if Square is as secure and service is on par.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

fees

Swipe rates are 2.75% for all major credit cards, but costs you extra for keyed cards. It is a free app and they send you a free card reader.

Chris, have you had any problems with the reader? Some reviews said they had problems and had to swipe a card multiple times and sometimes didn't work at all. But, sometimes I think people are the problem!

Thanks
        Debbie

Comment

I have a client who has used Square for about a year now. They absolutely love it! I sent her a text to send me the info on it as I was thinking about using it this year for the same reason. She told me they were very pleased.

I don't have an Iphone yet. I think I will go pick it up next week. Then I will order the Square and I'll be set for business.

Linda, EA

Comment

I just signed up. We'll see how it goes; I haven't taken credit cards before, but it looks like the future.

Comment

Working...
            X