Refund Cycle Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refund Cycle Chart

According to the new chart, would it be safe to say, "If EF"d by Wednesday noon, you'll get your refund by the following Wednesday? Direct Deposited.

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    According to the new chart, would it be safe to say, "If EF"d by Wednesday noon, you'll get your refund by the following Wednesday? Direct Deposited.
    IMHO, "If EFile ACCEPTED by Wednesday noon .........."

Comment

My chart says file by Thursday get DD the next Thursday.

Comment

If it has to be accepted by noon, I want to be able to have it filed by Tuesday night. If I do one on Wednesday, I will tell them the next week.

Linda, EA

Comment

IRS Chart

Instead of all this guessing, does anyone have a link to the published IRS schedule?

Maybe they don't have one - last year by this time they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
            Instead of all this guessing, does anyone have a link to the published IRS schedule?

Maybe they don't have one - last year by this time they did.

Comment

Sounds like they are going to be DDing more often then just Fridays. My experience last year was that if you filed before Wed they would deposit a week from the following Friday and they only deposited on Fridays.
              Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Refund Cycle Chart

Last year's chart showed "Accepted by the IRS by 11:00am" on Thursday, "Direct Deposit Sent" following Thursday. Paper check mailed on Friday 2nd week. This year's chart shows file on Wednesday 11:00 am, "Projected" direct deposit on following Wednesday or "Projected" paper check mailed 2 days after that.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
                  Sounds like they are going to be DDing more often then just Fridays. My experience last year was that if you filed before Wed they would deposit a week from the following Friday and they only deposited on Fridays.
                  True. They're expecting something like 80% of returns to process in ~5 days through CADE2, but aren't publicizing it just in case it doesn't happen. So, the refund cycle chart could be a bit on the pessimistic side of things.

Then again, I think I'd rather give the "long" ETA on refunds and if they come quicker, great.

Comment

An update refund cycle

I just received an update( well about 1/19/2012) about the IRS refund cycle

This is to notify you that the IRS e-file refund cycle weekly date has changed from Thursday to Wednesday.

If a return is accepted by Wednesday, at 11:00 a.m. local processing center time, the direct deposit may be disbursed the following Wednesday. Checks may be mailed the following Friday.

For example, all returns accepted by 11:00 a.m. January 18th, 2012 may receive direct deposits on January 25th, or checks issued on January 27th. Any returns accepted after 11:00 a.m. on January 18th and by 11:00 a.m. January 25th may receive their direct deposit on February 1st or a check issued on February 3rd.*

*These are the projected dates that the refund will be direct deposited or mailed. It may take up to 5 additional days for the financial institution to post the refund to the account, or for mail delivery.

Comment

acceptance is faster

I have efiled some returns through my software company and had acknowledgements back within 3 or 4 hours. I was shocked to see it come back so fast.

Linda, EA

Comment

I have been getting some acks in less than 30 minutes!

Comment

I've been getting ACKs in less than a minute. This is my first year with MeF, and I love it!
                          Michael

Comment

First Refunds

I see 1 of my clients had their federal refund "loaded" onto their EPS VISA card today. So I am assuming we will see refunds as early as Wednesdays. I agree with other posts to use Friday with clients to be safe. Minnesota is also "loading" so things are looking very good.
                            Todd Fogelberg, EA

Comment

Working...
                            X