Pell grants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pell grants

I have a new client that just called. She is a single parent with 3 children. Oldest one is going to college. She has just finished college herself and now starting to work.
    She asked me what the income limits are on Pell Grants. For example, can the parents earn only a certain amount in order for child to qualify for a pell grant?

I tried looking online but everything wants me to apply or sign up for something. So I thought some of you might know.

Thanks.

Linda, EA

Looks like the FAFSA must first be completed to see. However, see

To determine your eligibility for the Pell Grant program you must first complete a Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) form. If you have not yet completed your FAFSA application, go to the website (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov), and complete your FAFSA using the instructions provided in the “Fill out a FAFSA” section. When you complete your first […]
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Thanks Harlan

That gives me a range to tell her....at least under $50,000 but most go to students with family income less than $20,000. Maybe I will direct her to the website and she can do more research for herself.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
      X