Lasser's Professional Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasser's Professional Edition

Anyone have any comments on J K Lasser's Your Income Tax Professional Edition. It costs much more than the edition you can get in the bookstore or Sams. What is in it that isn't in the other? Or do they just think we are made of money?

Does it have any information in it that we wouldn't get in The Tax Book?

Thanks. Linda F

Lasser's

To the best of my knowledge there is no difference. First time I bought a professional edition, one year old over the internet since it was too expensive to me.

Then someone said only difference is hardcover vs. paperback. So at that time I bought a recent version from Costco. I didn't see any other difference.

Comment

Prof Edition

Linda, this is the same advice I received last year from Mark G (I believe). Isthe paperback available at Costco's now?

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate your responses. No need to spend more money for the same information.

Linda F

Comment

The Professional Edition contains

all of the information in the cheaper edition PLUS it refers you to the relevant authorities. You don't need that information unless you want to fish around for alternative opinions or you want to argue tax theory as you might with the IRS or with the preparer of a return you have been asked to file electronically but with which you disagree.

Comment

Working...
          X