Label Software Program Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Label Software Program Wanted

I need a software program for labels. My software provdies labels for mailing but this is for use on other things during the tax year. Does anyone know of a simple progam to use for various sizes of labels?

Microsoft

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    I need a software program for labels. My software provdies labels for mailing but this is for use on other things during the tax year. Does anyone know of a simple progam to use for various sizes of labels?
    office.......

Comment

That would be my suggestion too. If you have Microsoft Office, the Word program will do labels. I use it a lot.'

Linda, EA

Comment

I learned about this last week. Might be what you need??

Comment

Broader use of labels

If I read the question correctly, I believe the OP is asking about something other than mere "mailing" labels.

Any good software, from MSWord to the free stuff, can make such mailing labels, often from a data base (think client list). It may take a few trial runs to get the technique down (use some scrap paper!), but the overall process is fairly simple.

But the "for use on other things" aspect mentioned by zeros would likely require something different. There are small label-making machines available at most office-supply stores.

With a few mouse clicks, they can make anything from traditional mailing labels to labels for file folders (assuming you still have some! ) to CD boxes to storage boxes (think closet or garage). They are reasonably cheap, although my guess is the devil-is-in-the-details, such as the cost of the multi-size blank labels available dependent upon your personal needs.

Just check with a knowledgeable person at Office Max or Staples and you should get a suitable product that meets your needs.

FE

Comment

Avery

Avery can put a free add-on feature within Word (or any Office program?) to make labels specific to their label numbers or compatible substitutes. However, Word alone can make a huge variety of labels. Test it out.

Comment

I use a Dymo LabelWriter. With the dual turbo printer which will hold 2 different label stocks, I also print postage stamps. No rental or leasing fees. The printer, software & scale was about $200. This is less than the yearly fee I was paying Pitney Bowes for their mailing "solution".

Comment

I use the Dymo 450. Started using last January. Wish I would have "discovered" this wonder years ago!
                Jiggers, EA

Comment

I use and would recommend MyMaliList & AddressBook by MySoftware. I think I got it at Office Depot 2 years ago for about $30.

One file is my client list which downloaded from my ATX program easily. Another is an assorted list of IRS and state tax related addresses. It is easy to print labels of any size and single or multiple envelopes to one or more clients. It does the post office code too if you want. It feels like a spreadsheet.

Comment

Change Print Size?

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
                    That would be my suggestion too. If you have Microsoft Office, the Word program will do labels. I use it a lot.'

Linda, EA
                    If you use WORD for labels, can you alter the size, change the font, and print in color?

Comment

Definitely

Definitely. I have my return address label file set up to print in green with my favorite font. I print address labels black in OCR. I print file folder labels in a very large Arial Rounded. And, "Compliments of" labels smaller to fit in that extra line plus my telephone number. Anything you can do in Word, you can do in a Word label or sheet of labels. I used to make Christmas return address labels with clip art and colored print. Did gift labels with each person having their own font and color.

Comment

Multiple Sheets?

Originally posted by Lion View Post
                        Definitely. I have my return address label file set up to print in green with my favorite font. I print address labels black in OCR. I print file folder labels in a very large Arial Rounded. And, "Compliments of" labels smaller to fit in that extra line plus my telephone number. Anything you can do in Word, you can do in a Word label or sheet of labels. I used to make Christmas return address labels with clip art and colored print. Did gift labels with each person having their own font and color.
                        I had trouble printing multiple sheets. There didn't seem to be an option for this. Also,can you save the job for another time? How?

Comment

Save As

If you have a sheet you want to keep (my return address labels) that you began from a template, then just do Save or Save As the same way you'd save a letter you just wrote, naming it and saving it in your choice of folders.

Under my company folder, I have a bunch of files all beginning Labels - (such as Labels - Return Address, Labels - File Folders, Labels - etc.). For other things, I run one sheet and don't bother saving if I don't think I'll need that again. It's just a Word document. Maybe I have one saved for Labels - CT Estimated Payments and I need just a couple Kansas City labels and could use some more CT ES labels, so I open the sheet, change a couple to Kansas City address, and print the sheet to stock up on Kansas City and CT labels that day. I don't save it again as I want it to stay all CT ES address. Anything you can do in Word....
                          Last edited by Lion; 01-07-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Labels

An option, OpenOffice.com, Will do almost anything Microsoft will do.

Comment

Copies

When you choose File, Print, before you click Print again -- to the right it says Copies: 1 -- just change that number to 2 or whatever you want and then click the Print button. That works for sheets you've saved.

If you're just making the labels under Mailings, Labels, in the pop-up box, then either run it more than once; or to save time, instead of hitting the Print button, hit the New Document button. This gives you a document with the full sheet on it. Then, you print it like any Word document (just like I directed in the above paragraph), choosing whatever number of pages you want to print. After printing you can save the sheet or not, depending on whether or not you might need it again.

It's just Word.

Comment

Working...
                              X