Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use 1099 efile vendors?

Hi all,

Anyone use an online 1099 vendor for efiling of 1099's etc. Can anyone recommend a few to checkout? I am looking for a standalone vendor for clients who just need this service - W-2's too, etc.

Thanks.

rfk

PS: Happy New Year!

I use Efile for Business

I find them quite satisfactory.
    Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

I've used a couple

I've used a couple over the years for the client who needs just a few Forms 1099 &/or W-2:

FileYourTaxes.com is an online tax service. File your Federal & State taxes fast, easily & securely. We provide secure e file service to the IRS. Start today!

are two that I have on my new computer. Can't access any older services right now. (Maybe as I go through client folders and find file copies from prior years...)

I would usually just search online for a service that would file for FREE for the number or selection that I had for that client at that time.
      Last edited by Lion; 01-01-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Do you know if any of these services imports from QB?

Comment

Use QB

If your info is in QB, then use QB. That's what I do for myself and a client who uses QB. For the few you'll have to type in anyway (not in QB or a program that files) then I choose a free (or cheap) online service.

I've just had a couple, so typed them in. But, (and it's been a year!) I think some services let you upload from an Excel spreadsheet or comma delimited or other format; and QB will export to Excel. Click the links and read what they have to offer. Use your browser to search for services, as some that we used a year ago may not be around any longer.
          Last edited by Lion; 01-02-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Lion, I looked at the price QB charges and since I mainly have 1-5 forms for each company, I feel they are too expensive. I have the data in QB but don't seem to be able to find an affordable e-file company that can import.

If I have to retype again I rather do the paper version as I have done before.

Maybe someone else has an idea?

Comment

FileYourTaxes.com

Here's the link to instructions to upload your Excel or other file to e-file Forms 1099 via FileYourTaxes (QB info exports to Excel):

FileYourTaxes.com is an online tax service. File your Federal & State taxes fast, easily & securely. We provide secure e file service to the IRS. Start today!

Also, the W2Express link I gave was for RECEIVING W-2s and not their service to FILE information returns. Search for online services to do what you want to do.

Comment

I have used esmartpayroll.com for the past couple of years. I think they were a little cheaper than fileyourtaxes.
                If you file everything at one time, they charge less for forms or reports after the first one.

But I was going to look around and see what else I found.

Linda, EA

Comment

QuickBooks (Intuit) only form 1099 MISC

For your infomation QuickBooks (Intuit) only form 1099 MISC is what they offer.

It is handy if you use quick books for form 1099 MISC recipients. It becomes a problem if you want to file other types for form 1099
                  Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Last year I didn't have the red 1099INT forms and learned that I could file easily with ATX software.

Comment

Working...
                    X