Fujitsu fi-6230 Sheetfed Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu fi-6230 Sheetfed Scanner

Anyone using one of these? This looks like a combo hopper & flatbed scanner. If so is it compatible with win7? What is your take on it?

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Can't comment on this model but I do have a 6130 model and it is excellent. Fujitsu is THE manufacturer for scanners. Good luck.

Comment

I literally set up my new Scansnap1500 last night. Easy peasy to use, scans fast, and tiny enough to fit easily on top of a 15"x15" storage unit, which is about the only flat surface left in my office.

Now I get to start the 'cleaning out the old files' project.

Comment

Although I don't think they make them anymore do not buy a ScanSnap 500 from them. Mine is/was constantly getting jammed. Whole purpose of buying was to put say a whole bank statement in there and let it go to town. After a year of using it the paper jams started. So stay away from the lower end models. I paid $500 for it but it was still their lower end model. I am probably going to try and sell it soon.

Comment

They do have a whole section in the manual about proper cleaning; how lil bits of paper dust can jam up the system. There are also bits that should be replaced every year. But I do think the lowest model is the 1300.

Comment

I have one

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
            Anyone using one of these? This looks like a combo hopper & flatbed scanner. If so is it compatible with win7? What is your take on it?

http://www.buy.com/prod/fujitsu-fi-6...207984089.html
            I prefer the 6130.

Comment

I wanted to let everyone know who owns a Fujitsu scanner that you can buy the consumables online. It is called ScanAid. Here is the url:
              ScanAid is a factory-authorized consumables kit complete with instructions and cleaning supplies and can be purchased from the Ricoh Scanner Store.

I just found the model number of my scanner and the product number for the consumables. Although they have a website to purchase on I bought it on Amazon for about $15 less. I got a pickup roller, pickup pads, cleaning sheets, and electronics spray. Took about 20 minutes and my scanner is working great again.

They suggest cleaning every 1,000 scans and to clean daily if possible.

Hope this helps someone sure did me

Comment

Thanks Dany

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
                I wanted to let everyone know who owns a Fujitsu scanner that you can buy the consumables online. It is called ScanAid. Here is the url:
                ScanAid is a factory-authorized consumables kit complete with instructions and cleaning supplies and can be purchased from the Ricoh Scanner Store.

I just found the model number of my scanner and the product number for the consumables. Although they have a website to purchase on I bought it on Amazon for about $15 less. I got a pickup roller, pickup pads, cleaning sheets, and electronics spray. Took about 20 minutes and my scanner is working great again.

They suggest cleaning every 1,000 scans and to clean daily if possible.

Hope this helps someone sure did me
                I appreciate the information and the link.

Dusty

Comment

Working...
                X