Noobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobs!

Geez, there's a bunch of new members on this board today...

I'm guessing the first batch of Tax Books has been delivered, giving access to a whole new generation of users.

Welcome!

BMK
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

I just opened my book a few minutes ago. Anxious to get started! Bring in the first tax client.
    Dave, EA

Comment

is HRB still buying the tax book for their offices?

Comment

Hrb

HRB employees can buy their own Tax Book materials at discounted prices. The difference in price for a TTB Deluxe is about $20.00 as I recall. I believe the company might buy one per office but mainly it is individual preparers buying their own.

Comment

When I worked for HRB (1999 and earlier) they did not provide it for regular offices. The Premium office had one copy.
          The last 2 years that I worked there I bought my own. Everyone in the office wanted to borrow it. The clients were so impressed when we pulled it out to answer their questions.

Linda, EA

Comment

We get one deluxe book and one all-states book per office. I buy my own, and each season try to increase the number of chapters with which I'm adept. I still find myself referring to IRS pubs online more frequently, but I do like having the book at my desk.

Comment

Since TTB is being provided by Drake this year I did not purchase. First year in a loooong time I have not. But I did purchase several CPE courses. It is amazing what you can forget in a years time.

Comment

Originally posted by origun View Post
                HRB employees can buy their own Tax Book materials at discounted prices. The difference in price for a TTB Deluxe is about $20.00 as I recall. I believe the company might buy one per office but mainly it is individual preparers buying their own.
                TMI would seem in my opinion to come out way ahead by increasing their acceptance within that particular market and from the increased volume of paid copies of the publication. The individual preparers noted above have to worry about whether there will be a discount made available vs. ordering earlier when TMI usually offers lower prices.

Comment

Delivery date

The message above makes a good point. Although a Block employee and eligible for the reduced cost if ordering with their Promotion Code, I always order my own directly in the summer and pay the full price...and I always have mine much earlier than my colleagues.

Comment

Originally posted by OtisMozzetti View Post
                    TMI would seem in my opinion to come out way ahead by increasing their acceptance within that particular market and from the increased volume of paid copies of the publication. The individual preparers noted above have to worry about whether there will be a discount made available vs. ordering earlier when TMI usually offers lower prices.
                    If you are worried about The H&R Block discount going away and it being too late for the lowest price discounts offered to all customers in early summer, you can always place your order for the book in the summer, lock in that discount, and then switch to the H&R Block discount if and when it becomes available later in the fall. A simple call to TMI customer service will do the trick.

Comment

I buy through a group of sole practitioners in the area that gets together to get the volume discount. I love that it doesn't matter with TTB what books you are buying; it's just the number of books, unlike their biggest competitor. My CSTC group opted for the competitor, and although we get a discount, the oddball books I wanted weren't being bought by anyone else, so no volume. I can order them on my own and still use the promo code for CSTC and get a discount.

Comment

Ditto

Like Gary2, we get one deluxe book and one all-states book per office. Most of the tax professionals in my office also buy their own copy. Our District was just purchased and we are now a Franchise. I expect it to work out very well.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
                          Since TTB is being provided by Drake this year I did not purchase. First year in a loooong time I have not. But I did purchase several CPE courses. It is amazing what you can forget in a years time.
                          Awwww. hate to see you go from the board, Dany.
                          ChEAr$,
                          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
                            Awwww. hate to see you go from the board, Dany.
                            It seems to me that if a person has the book with their tax program, they should still be able to be on this board. I think Taxslayer Pro also has it on their program but I bought my book anyway. I guess I forgot it was going to be on the program but I really do like having my book to look at.

Linda, EA

Comment

Ouch... hope I don't get kicked off Long time customer and all.

Linda I use to be like you about the book. The first year I bought it on CD and the book. Then the next just used the CD. Will look forward to seeing how it is integrated with Drake. I suppose it will just open up in a new browser window.

I actually took off since Christmas week trying to get rested up. Been nice. So I have not even installed the preseason Drake yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X